Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have a 2012 Murano. Just installed a new garage door

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Murano. Just installed a new garage door opener. I have followed the manual to program homelink to the new garage door opener. Don't know if I am doing something incorrectly, but I cannot get it to work. Does anyone have any thoughts?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Does your new garage door opener have a rolling code type opener?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

These can be a little tricky. Do you have a single garage door or a double door?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
single door approx. 16' wide
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Ok, You are following the steps in the owners manual correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
correct
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

I don't have the manual in front of me. I have one home. So bear with me.

I do know that you need to follow the steps from the beginning as if you don't have a rolling code system. Then the light will blink a certain way if it detects the rolling code type system, then you would follow the steps from there. But it has to first detect that you have the rolling code system first. So if you skipped over that first part and go right to the rolling code section, that is why it won't program. You need to do that first step..

Give that a try and let me know how you make out.. Other wise, if you can wait till I get home, I will follow the steps with you..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am at work myself. I will follow the manual from the beginning when I get home. Hopefully it will work. Thank you.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.. Please return and let me know how you make out. I like hearing updates.. Talk to you then..

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If you still have issues, I will continue to help you..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

How did you make out?