Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Obsessed port has no power Obd-II port has no power, 2007

Customer Question
Obsessed port has no power...
Obsessed port has no power Obd-II port has no power
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2007 Maxima SL
JA: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Lost fob and key...have an automotive locksmith trying to program key and fob...can't get power to port to programming device...I think car ignition control need be in ace position is that true?
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: ACC(accessorie) position
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No power at all
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
9/21/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When you are programming keys you need to turn the Hazard lights on to wake up the BCM. Other wise, you have 3 wires to the OBD2 connector that supply power. Which I believe only 2 will supply power when the ignition is off. When the key is ON, then 3 will have power.

Does he have a volt meter or test light to check the obd2 port for power?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
turn on hazards still no power
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He's making the key, so we can put acc mode now

Do you have a Intelligent key type of ignition?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we just hoping putting car ignition in acc mode will provide power to obd-II port
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Then he can program chip and fob, if we get power

You have to program the mechanical key first before you do the remotes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Does the OBD-II have power without being in acc mode?

No, you won't have all the power you need at the OBD2 port if the ignition is not on. You need to put the hazards on, and perform steering lock release so the ignition can be turned on to program the keys. Then once the keys are programmed, then you can program remotes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I perform steering wheel lock release?

With the proper scanner.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, should he have that?

I don't know who he is? Is he a mobile tech? Mobile Locksmith?

Also make sure the battery is fully charged. That can also affect the turning of the key in the ignition.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello

YES?

Did you see my last 2 comments?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
he's a license/bonded automotive locksmith...I am paying the company a lot money

Well, I would have him double check all fuses first. Also make sure there is two power sources at the OBD2 port with the key off.

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician