Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

It stoprrunning, 2006quest, 2006, Yes nothing, It was

Customer Question
It stoprrunning JA: What is the...
It stoprrunning
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2006quest
JA: What year is your Nissan?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It was killing on me in the weeks before it killed and stop
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
9/20/2016
Nissan Mechanic: david craig, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi Im David, does the vehicle crank when you turn the key?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It turns over
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Doesn't start

ok. when you are sitting in the vehicle. and you turn the key to the run position(not start), can you hear the fuel pump running for a few seconds?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

ok then we need to check some fuses and relays.

standby while i pull up a print.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Which ones
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If I do need to change the pump do I have to change the whole assembly

lets not jump to changing the pump just yet

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How can u tell if they are bad

if they are the blade type just pull them out and look through them to see if the metal piece is broken.

if they are the square type with the plastic see through top look to see if you can see any breaks in the pieces inside

checking in to see how its going

Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When you turn the key to the ON position, is the security light on solid?

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician