Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

2016 altima sedan --on the instrument cluster panel to the

Customer Question
right where the speedometer is...
2016 altima sedan --on the instrument cluster panel to the right where the speedometer is suddenly has a red flashing display of the whole car to the immediate left of center that is opposite side of where the red seat belt side is. Once we start the engine it goes off but if we lock the car and exit the car the light stays solid for a few seconds and then start to flash.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
9/15/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Mike V., Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician

Hello and thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question today.

This is the security telltale. All cars have this these days. There isn't a problem unless the light doesn't go out when the engine is running. This is actually a very small LED light that uses little to no power. It will not cause the battery to drain and is perfectly normal.

Your owners manual will confirm this.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Do you need further assistance with this?

Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician