Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

My 350Z ac is blowing hot air. The line is fully charged and

Customer Question
replaced the dual fans since...
My 350Z ac is blowing hot air. The line is fully charged and replaced the dual fans since one wasn't working. Am I missing something?
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked the hoses for leaks?
Customer: Yes. The coolant is at normal levels
JA: What year is your 350Z?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you fixing your 350Z yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ya. I've been working on it. Originally I thought the issue was a result of the dual fans Thinking the cabin sensor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that covers it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
9/14/2016
Nissan Mechanic: david craig, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi Im David. thanks for visiting the site. how do you know the system is fully charged?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I checked the pressure on the line. Any other suggestions?

how did you check the pressure on the lines??? what was the high side reading and what was the low side reading?

is the compressor kicking on? is it cycling? is the condenser fan turning on as soon as the compressor engages?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The compressor and dual fans come on when I turn the ac on. I'll get the readings from both sides this evening and report back.

ok. lets do this. sit in the car. turn the key on. not start. operate the temp select from cold to hot and back to cold slowly and listen to see if you can hear any actuators moving behind the dash

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. I'll check.

let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the actuators are kicking in as a I move the dial from cold to hot
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can hear them as I move the dial from cold to hot

ok

were you able ot get the high and low side pressures?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I didn't get a chance to check the h/l pressusre, but I circle back with the readings this evening.

ok man

checking in to see how its going?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
checked the low pressure today, it was running at 40.

I need to know both pressures. put a manifold gauge set on the car and let me know the low side AND high side pressures

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician