Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I have a 2000 Nissan truck that would start and run about 10

Customer Question
I have a 2000 Nissan...
I have a 2000 Nissan truck that would start and run about 10 minutes and then die? The mechanic said that it was getting raw gas? He said that it needed a catilic converter but that did notice help then he said that some wired we're burned and then he said it was the computer then he said that it needed a wiring harness now he says it is a sensor?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
9/12/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

This is most commonly caused by a MAF sensor ( Mass Air Flow ). What I would suggest is to try getting a can of MAF sensor cleaner at your local auto part store and clean the heated element of the MAF sensor. See if that helps. If not, then the MAF sensor would need to be replaced. When it comes to electrical parts, you want to stick with the dealer. After Market electrical parts never work right in these cars.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician