Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I have a 2013 Nissan Rouge that was diagnosis by auto zone

Customer Question
with P0725. Trying to figure...
I have a 2013 Nissan Rouge that was diagnosis by auto zone with P0725. Trying to figure out if that is covered under the PowerTrain Warranty?
JA: What is the model of your '13 Nissan?
Customer: 2013 Nissan Rouge
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no I haven't done anything, I was going to take it to dealer, trying to see if its covered under the power train warranty or not
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
9/11/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The P0725 code is a Engine Speed Signal code. Most commonly caused by a bad Cam or Crank Sensor. How many miles do you have on your car?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
44,000

With 44k miles, this would not be something covered under the powertrain warranty. I would look to have the Cam and Crank Sensor resplaced to resolve your issue. This issue if you let it get worse will cause stalling.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it shows under warranty part list so maybe I need to check with Nissan

The Cam or Crank Sensor are a 3 year or 36k mile warranty part. But you are more than welcome to ask the dealer. But so you know what to expect, the parts are around 80 bucks each. There is 2 of them. Then you are looking at around 1 to 2 hours labor.

Let me know if you have any more questions on this..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what other type of repair places beside the dealer fix this issue?

Any repair shop can do this repair. But when it comes to electrical sensors like these, after market ones never work right. You always want to stick with the dealer when it comes to electrical parts.

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician