Kevin Bourcier
Kevin Bourcier,
Experience:  Owner/Technician at Max Air Mobile
83572702

Had a vice grip clamp connected to positive cable that

Customer Question

Had a vice grip clamp connected to positive cable that grounded out on Hood the problem I'm having is all my gauges of gone Haywire and lights included when I crank my truck I cannot have any other power source running and once it's running I cannot turn on any other power source without shutting motor off
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had starter tested it passed, had battery and alternator tested and they were fine. Something seems to be restricting my electrical power to my motor
Expert:  Kevin Bourcier replied 1 year ago.

hello . I can try to assist you with this . So does the engine start and run right now ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what is your model ?

car , truck ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
97 nissan truck,have it running, air bag light is flashing, , abs light is on gas and temp gage needle is above top, can turn on interior light but very dim, can't turn on AC but seems to stall, can turn on safety lights but seems to stop once I turn on headlights it kills it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Voltage regulator? Alternator?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correction I can turn on AC but it seems to draw power but seems to stall
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've had this problem in the past when my alternator belt was loose and I would recharge my battery and it would ride fine until battery would drain and cause the same effects

okay thanks . give me a minute . 2 or*****and what engine ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4 cylinder

thank you

here is a diagram of all the fuse links from the battery one or more of these will have burnt as a result og the vise grip shorting to ground . look at the diagram and and check the fuse links .

most likely the Black fusible link

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you referring to the fuse box underneath the dash?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or the one underneath my hood on the passenger side fender?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or are you talking about the wiring harness pigtail that ties into the positive cable that has a two-way split with plastic connections?

the fusible links out under the hood .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let's continue this in the morning when there's daylight and I will accept your call

sure

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kevin , thanks for the info, because of the age of my vehical Ihave taken my truck to a shop. Lets see if your analysis is correct I will finish the survey tomorrow once I receive the results from them.
Thankyou Joe Hoffman