Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

1999 Nissan pathfinder.I sheared the pin on the distributor

Customer Question

1999 Nissan pathfinder.I sheared the pin on the distributor and have replaced it,but now I have no spark,or fuel pump.Any ideas???
Category: Nissan
Expert:  KALAMYKID replied 11 months ago.

Have you inspected the timing belt and cams? For the pin to sheer off for the distributor, the shaft of the distributor would have had to seized and that can cause the cam to stop to fast and stripped or broken the timing belt.

Also did you replace the distributor, or did you just replace the pin?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I replaced the pin.but the belt is in tact and the rotor is turning.My thought is perhaps the ECM has shut down due to the crankshaft sensor,and camshaft sensor being out of sync do to the pin shearing.I tried to reset the ECM without a scanner but had no luck.

If it is in time, then you do not have to reset the ecm. Have you checked all of the fuses to see if you had 12 volts on both sides of them with the ignition switch in the run position?