Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I'm looking to buy a new 2016 Frontier with the 4.0 V6, but

Customer Question

I'm looking to buy a new 2016 Frontier with the 4.0 V6, but the engine seems to "run hot," after driving and lifting the hood. Also, while idling the engine has a slight buzzy tremble when you put fingers on the air filter cover. I've hears this was supposed to be a pretty good V6, but am a bit suspicious. Do they tend to run 'hot' and idle a bit trembly? What's your experience with these motors? Dale
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 12 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The Buzzing type noise is the injectors. They are a top feed type of injectors and do tend to tick pretty loud which can give off a buzzing type noise.

What do you call running hot? does the engine temperature gauge get hot? or are you just going by the feel of the engine bay?