Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

2007 altima and the fan for the a/c and heater wont work

Customer Question

2007 altima and the fan for the a/c and heater wont work right away however after 10 to 15 minutes it comes on
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: the ac and heater seen to work fine as you can feel the vent
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: is there a fix I can do? I bought the car new and now it is my kids.I dont want to get overcharged for a bad relay or fuse
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no, the car has been well cared for and has had all sched maint for 140000 miles
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hit the wrong button .Please type the answer
Expert:  Mike V. replied 11 months ago.

HI there,

Sorry to say I am unable to call at this time.

This problem is usually the result of a bad blower relay. This is mounted to the back of the interior fuse panel and is very easy to replace. I am sending along a diagram with the relay highlighted to help.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How do you get to the back side of the panel?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no call
Expert:  Mike V. replied 11 months ago.

Sorry for the delay, the options are to remove the lower kick panel, then unbolt the fuse box and remove it or lay on your back and access it from behind. Neither is the simplest thing to do, but generally laying on your back is the quickest.