Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

When I start the car the parking gear keeps on blinking and

Customer Question
the check engine light is...
When I start the car the parking gear keeps on blinking and the check engine light is on. I've tried everything to try and resolve the problem, but the check engine light remains on
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink? What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: It blinks for a while then stops. It is a 2002 Nissan Altima
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took it to the mechanic, and he changed the plugs, the ignition coils etc but he light never goes away
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I also want to know what the blinking parking gear light means
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
8/25/2016
Nissan Mechanic: JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy replied 1 year ago
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy

do you know the codes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yeah I got the codes checked and changed everything it said. The codes were
P0740: solenoid circuit malfunction
P0327: knock sensor circuit low input
P0420: catalyst efficiency below normal
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I can't talk on the phone

did he change the solenoids in the transmission? did he change the catylitic converter and the knock sensor?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
he's chaged all that

did he install a carb complent converter?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
do you know any other probable causes?

do you have a copy of the repair bill with part numbers?

usually cheap after market converters will cause a po420 code did he replace the upper or lower?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No unfortunately I don't. I bought the parts myself and provided them for the repairs

did you buy them all from nissan or a discount parts store?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
aside from the check engine light, can you tell me why the parking gear is blinking?

well what did your mechanic change in the transmission if anything?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He didn't change anything in the transmission

well you have shift solenoid codes so the transmission needs to be diagnosed..it may be a shift solenoid or a failed valve body...teardown and trouble shooting is required

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. As always I'm happy to provide my time/service & resources so If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you. Thank you and good luck with your vehicle!

JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy