Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

The 4wd light is on and the screen that displays what wheels

Customer Question
The 4wd light is on...
The 4wd light is on and the screen that displays what wheels are selected is out. Today in two different instances today it just wouldnt go. It was still running, the battery light came on and it was in gear. Ive read that it could be a relay.
JA: Have you tested the battery? Have you tried testing the alternator?
Customer: I have not
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2007 nissan pathfinder se
JA: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not attempted anything yet. I wanted to see if it was something simple if not then to the shop it goes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
8/24/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician

Hey there, thanks for the question.

If the 4wd light is on AND the battery light, then we need to consider a battery or charging issue before we do anything else. It's not uncommon for a weak or bad battery to cause the 4wd indicator to dissapear.

Doy ou have a voltmeter handy where we could do a simple test?

Jake
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician