Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have 2012 nissan altima and i have to jump it every time i

Customer Question

i have 2012 nissan altima and i have to jump it every time i go start it up. so i was tested the battery battery was good . tested the alternator alternator is good. once i get car started i can drive all day long with lights on ,radio on,a/c on and the car rides fine battery is charged
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: huh
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: i have 2012 nissan altima and i have to jump it every time i go start it up. so i was tested the battery battery was good . tested the alternator alternator is good. once i get car started i can drive all day long with lights on ,radio on,a/c on and the car rides fine battery is charged
JA: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. i tested the battery with a multimeter and its reading 14,volts which is normal battery range. i tested the alternator its reading 13.6 volts thats good battery is charging because i can have lights on ,a/c on , radio on an etc.battery doesnt lose power
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is this only occuring after the vehicle sits for a few hours or more or does it occur if you were to shut it off then try and start it again right away?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.