Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I need to know how to proceed in troubleshooting the door

Customer Question
opening mechanism being jammed. It...
I need to know how to proceed in troubleshooting the door opening mechanism being jammed. It can't be opened from inside or outside. 1994 nissan truck, XE trim. Everything manual as far as locks, windows, etc.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
8/9/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The first thing you will need to do is get the door panel off. Which door is the issue? Also do you have power windows or roll down windows?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have removed the door handle, window glass crank handle and door handle escutcheon. Everything is manual. I am having a hard time getting the panel off as there's not a lot of rum between the seat and door panel.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Driver's side door.

The way you want to try to remove the door panel is to try to pop it off from it's plastic clips. All around the door panel is plastic pop locking clips. Normally you use a trim tool to pop them off. Once you have the door panel loose, you want to slip it up like a Lamborghini door to slip it out.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We just had a household emergency of sorts.Have got to be away from house for 15-20 minutes. Looks like my best bet is to get back on here sometime tomorrow when I can devote more time to the problem. Thanks.

Not a problem. I am normally online around 7 pm EST till 10 or 11. Talk to you then and I hope everything is ok.

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician