sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

I installed the pioneer 280bt on my 2003 Nissan Altima I had

Customer Question

I installed the pioneer 280bt on my 2003 Nissan Altima I had some naked wires (No covers no tape.) Now my stereo nor my dashboard lights come on.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: What fuses would they be? I checked the electronic fuses and they are good from what I know. The bulbs should be good, it all turned off when I pushed up the wires from the compartment under the AC unit.
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2003 nissan altima
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I've tried to see the fuses but not sure which ones to look at.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: My stereo was on and when I pushed up the wires I heard a shock and that's when my stereo turned off but I didnt notice my dashboard lights until I turned the car on.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If bare wires were allowed to short to ground then you almost surely have blown fuses. 15a fuse 31, 10a fuse 6, an 10a fuse 36 are the ones in question.