Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Buddy... Basically I have a Nissan Pathfinder 2006 Engine

Customer Question
Hey Buddy... Basically I have...
Hey Buddy... Basically I have a Nissan Pathfinder 2006 Engine 4.0L 141k miles. I'm having this problem, The car started very good in cold the Oil Pressure is stable in middle as soon is getting warm the Oil Pressure start dropping a little bit and I notice the failure in the RPM and efficience of Engine (when I stop no Driving). Some time this drop is very low that Stopped the Engine and its diffcicult to start it again, I have to press many time gas and switch in order to start it. And VDC and SLIP lights came on. And I have to wait with ENgine Stop to take them off. What is wrong with my Nissan??
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
8/6/2016
Nissan Mechanic: david craig, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi Im David......the vdc and slip indicates either low brake fluid or you need brakes. now about the engine problem, these 4.0 engines use oil pressure to control the operation of the timing components. replace the engine oil and filter immediately. if you still have issues after that have the oil pressure tested with a gauge. its possible the oil pump is starting to wear out

i see that you already changed the oil, did you use the nissan recommended oil and filter?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I changed twice the Oil and filter..: do u know which one is the recommended by Nissan??

allow me a few, i will find out for you

5W-30 OIL and Oil Filter 15208-9E01A

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Another info, I replaced the Engine for another one (from Junk store) It was working fine, but suddenly this Oil Press issues started. Yesterday, the Oil Pressure dropped to low that Stopped the engine. And it was diffcult to start again, I had to pass ingition switch and press many time the gas (as old car) It could be problem with the Fuel Pump?? Also I noticed VDC and SLIP ligth came on... And turns ligth also are working strange... All this problem, Could be bad configuration with the Computer and new Motor?? Or its casuality plenty of issues and errors with Oil Pressure Drop??

oh ok then. i think the first thing that needs done now is a compression test.... make sure theres oil in it before doing the test though. if it was an exact same type of engine then the computer shouldnt be the culprit

do you still need assistance??

Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you still require assistance with this issue?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi... I read the failure code and it said the cramshaft sensor of bank 2 was bad... Tofay i will replace it I let u know thx

When you replace it, make sure you get the part from the dealer. After Market electrical parts never work right.

Let me know how you make out and if you need any more help with this.

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician