Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Trying to troubleshoot why passenger window won't work. 2006

Customer Question
Nissan Titan Changed window motor Driver switch Pass...
Trying to troubleshoot why passenger window won't work. 2006 Nissan Titan
Changed window motor
Driver switch
Pass switch
Still not working just clicking on pass switch
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
8/6/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you have the door panel off by any chance to do voltage tests at the window motor?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I don't. I checked with a test light and had power. Also had power on sockets for up and down. Only one didn't have power. Maybe the ground.

Well the power reverses at the window motor for up and down. We need to check with a volt meter to see if the window motor is getting power and ground going down and if the power reverse going up. If it does, then you have a bad window motor.

Do you have a volt meter?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I will have to get one. But I tried 2 window motors that we tested and worked before bringing them home to try. I have replaced everything. All other windows worked. I will try a volt meter I guess but seems stupid to me. What should the colts be. And if it's not correct where do u adjust the voltage

You don't adjust voltage. It should be around battery voltage when you apply power to it. So example. If you have the key in the ON position, and you put the volt meter on the window motor and you push the switch down and you see 11.2 volts while back probing the window motor with a positive and negative lead. That is good. If you then push the switch up and the voltage changes to -11.2 that means the window motor has to be the problem.

Understand?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok yeh I understand. But what I am saying is if the window motor is fine than where is the problem? If the window motor is good. The switches are good. Is there anywhere else that it could be other than running new wires.

If you have the correct voltage at the window motor, it has to be a window motor. If you don't have the correct voltage, then maybe a wiring issue.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thanks tips

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician