Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

2012 Nissan Quest. buttons on all doors suddenly stopped

Customer Question
2012 Nissan Quest. buttons...
2012 Nissan Quest. buttons on all doors suddenly stopped working at the same time. Key fob still works.
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: key fob still works. the actual buttons on the doors do not
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes if possible. I've not tried anything
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not that I can think of
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
7/31/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

check all interior fuse , if all good , change the master switch on the driver door, the master switch supplies power to button switches on the doors, so if it fails none will work ?

it is common failure on these vans

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
where are the fuses located? Are there specific ones and are labels present?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Guess what?! There is a button/switch to the lower left of there steering wheel on the dashboard.

you mean the lock switch for all buttons ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That would have helped as a first response. Sorry for your trouble. Thx

sorry i didn't think about that button being pressed by mistake , I m glad you found it

Please let me know if you need anything else on it

Hope I was helpful to you

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back And Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have.

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
any chance for a refund?

sure man , I did not get paid anything for my time since you did not rate me , so what ever you paid the site , I will send it to customer service and they will refund you right away.

Thank You Sir

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat