Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

2004 Nissan altima s rear tails light fuse keeps blowing,

Customer Question
2004 Nissan altima s...
2004 Nissan altima s rear tails light fuse keeps blowing
JA: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?
Customer: yes, pull all the bulbs out front and rear turn head light switch on and the fuse will blow
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: put a higher fuse in the ipdm starts smoking
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: and then the rear tail lights comes on but real dim
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
7/28/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Hey there thanks for the question. This is an obvious short and likely to ground. Do you have a meter than can test for ground? If so then test both power wires for a ground when the switch is off to determine where the fault is at in the harness
Jake
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician