JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech over 15 years in the field uaw union member
6149662

I am having an issue with coolant pushed out of the

Customer Question

i am having an issue with coolant pushed out of the reservoir tank. now I had the head gaskets, water pump and timing belt plus the heads were warped so they were repaired and still it overflows. is there anything else that can cause the pressure to cause the loss of coolant in my system?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 1 year ago.

how new are the head gaskets?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just put them in along with a new timing belt and new water pump
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the radiator has about 40,000 miles since replaced by a nissan dealership

and the heads were checked for cracks? is it running hot?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yea there were checked. turned out they were warped and were "shaved" and placed back on. it does not run hot but after i got it back from the mechanic after 2 days, i had no coolant in my radiator and it spilled out the reservoir

and the heads were checked for cracks? is it running hot? if its pushing put of the radiator its a head or head gasket issue...have you taken it back to him?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
actually i did and he is unsure. he mentioned a possible crack in the engine block but he didn't see any cracks in the block
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when everything was taken out

very rare but possible... a leak down test would help narrow it down

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a leak down test? how does that work?

to long to explain here is a decent article showing it, a leak down tester can be bought cheap at harbor freight

http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/116-0406-cylinder-leakdown-tester/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok and what does it test air pressure in the engine?

it fills the engine with compressed air to see if the engine is sealed or pinpoint where the cylinders are leaking...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also would it be useful to use a engine block sealer for my truck? I really need to get this resolve because my wife is without a vehicle and it is getting tough. do you recommend an engine sealant and if you do which brand would you consider?

engine sealants are a band aid..they are a temp fix and usually do more harm then good...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok so i will go with the leak down test thanks

great hope you can rate me 5 star

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you