Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

1988 Nissan injector does not spray

Customer Question
1988 Nissan injector does not spray
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
7/26/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. In order to be able to help you with this we need complete information, need to know the model of your 1988 as well as engine size. Post back when you can with this information and we can work from there.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
nissan 1988 pathfinder 4x4
3.0 motor

Are you getting key on power at the injectors?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no,
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When i put power to the injectors it sprays, but will not stay on.

Okay are you also lacking spark?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we have changed the spark plugs, distributor, tested injectors with ownes meter registered good, check the fuel filter and pump reading good.Straight current to injectors bump bump sprayed good. Why the injectors not coming on and staying on? Would the safety netural switch play a part in this problem? Before had to push in clutch to suppress the safety netural switch, now do not have to engage clutch to start or turnover.

No the neutral safety switch has no control over spark and injector pulse. Are you sure you have power and ground to the computer. The injectors as well as the computer get there power from the main relay. Once you have power at the injectors they are controlled by the ground switch signal from the computer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
where is the ground switch to the computer located? Is it near the coil?d Do the coil need to be grounded?

The ground is not a switch its 2 wire the connect from ground to pins 107 and pin 109 at the computer. See the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/ECM%20Ground%20Jul%2027.pdf

Ron, ASE Certified Technician