Super mechanic
Super mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ASE, 30+ years exp. domestic and imports. Class A collission tech
2947720

Its a 2013 nissan sentra, and the engine shuts off when car

Customer Question

Its a 2013 nissan sentra, and the engine shuts off when car is put into reverse in my driveway!
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 69,000 miles on car automatic tranny
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Looked under hood see no transmission dip stick to check level thats all I've tried so far, cash is tight would like to fix myself if possible.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Otherwise car seems fine
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Super mechanic replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** you for using the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

There has been a factory service campaign for that type of concern. It involves a software update for the vehicle’s computer and has to be done by a dealer, I hate to have to say. However, they should do it at no charge to you.

.

Here is a link to what it states. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page. Thanks.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d7e1d6k0oxtryod/ECM%20campaign.pdf?dl=0

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

.

Thanks

Did you get that?

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. Thanks

I do not have access to your email address,