Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a 2006 Nissan Frontier that has problems starting

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Nissan Frontier that has problems starting when the outside Temps are high also the same with the air conditioner could an Ambient Air Temperature Sensor be the root of my problems
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Hey there thanks for the question. Is the problem when the engine is hot or the ambient temps? When it won't start will the engine at least crank?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's when the ambient temperatures are hot it will turn over but will not start the problem is intermediate and seems to happen when it's really hot outside
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
will it jump start though when that happens?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No jump start needed it spins over fine but it just will not crank it won't start kind of like a fuel pump but the problem is intermittent
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Have you checked for spark when it happens?