Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Engine wont start 96 pathfinder

Customer Question
engine wont start 96 pathfinder
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
7/21/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello Tom and thank you for your question,

In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse at the injectors, proper fuel pressure and good engine compression. Can you check each one of these thing and post back with which one you are lacking and I will see if I can help you determine the cause.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
did already , car ran yesterday after unlocking at tailgate
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
not unlocking at tailgate, sorry was turning off alarm so it wont go off

Okay so which signal where you missing, injector pulse> Have you scanned it for codes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no check engine light on like I said after 3 weeks car ran well yesterday, but not today

Okay so which signal where you missing, injector pulse, spark, or fuel pressure?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Cost to call?

The cost for a phone call is right at 26.00 plus the price of your question.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No phone. Just figure this security system. Can I bypa
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can I bypass it or disconnect. It
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
WHERE DID YOU GO ????

You can disarm the alarm by jumping the Yellow wire to the Yellow/Black wire at the theft warning relay connector or cut the Blue/Green wire at the theft warning relay connector or can cut the Blue/Green wire at terminal 32 of the Smart entrance control unit - either way that should eliminate the theft system to allow the engine to crank. If in fact the alarm is the issue this should solve the problem.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician