Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

2007 Nissan Frontier Wont Crank unless I bridge Pin 21 and

Customer Question
19, White and Grey Wire...
2007 Nissan Frontier Wont Crank unless I bridge Pin 21 and 19, White and Grey Wire o the IPDM, but does NOT start
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
7/18/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech replied 1 year ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

hi my name is ***** ***** i can help

can you please put the car back to the original condition so we can look into the cause of the problem ??

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is back in original
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

ok so it will not crank at all

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No Crank

do you need a phone call ?

if so then please just accept the offer i sent

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, and NO and NO Membership
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just need answer now based on my $20 dollars
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
U there

yes

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I put it back no CRANK when I turn Key

and the fuse still blow

put the car in reverse and tell me if the reverse lights work ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Now the 10 Amp for TCM.. Hold let me put in reverse

ok

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Reverse light on DASH or behind truck.. , no reverse light
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
TCM use still good, no reverse light

you replace the tcm inside the trans ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
NO, but the car was starting yesterdsy and would only drive in 3 gear limp mode. Each time I want to start I had to rewire the fuse but now it wont Crank and Fuse still good. How can I start

did you check the coolant and trans fluid to see if they are mixing

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No Mix, but I suspect , because I did a Bypass 1 year ago. I need to start to put the car in the Garage that drop the Valve body but It wont start

the problem is cause by a bad /shorted tcm this tcm is built into the valve body so you will need to replace the valve body for the car to start

this is causing a can communication problem and the starter is control by the tcm so as long as the tcm is bad the car will not start

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
why did it Start yesterday in LIMP mode each time I change the FUSE.

you will have to push it in .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It should still start, shouldnt it

no it should not. again the starter is control by the signal form the tcm and at this point the ecm and other computers can't communicate with the rest of the system so no it should not start

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
why did it start 3 times yesterday in LIMP MODE 3 gear when I changed the fuse
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
u there
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can I bypass the IPDM and Start the car , like I have seen on some o your messages
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are u still Answering

yes i ma sorry

because the short was not causing the fuse to blow right away now it is

it will not start because the ecm do not even know that your turning the key to start position

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I BYPASS the IPDM. I can get the car to crank but wont start when I Bridge Pin 21 and 19

you can only bypass the starter circuit the ipdm power up everything you can bypass it plus the tcm is your problem so bypassing the ipdm will not fix it not even soi it will start

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Clifton, I was not finished a couple days ago, but when I tried reaching you I got no response.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is still the issue with NO CRANK, after blowing fuse #49, now after replacing #49 , I get no Crank and the Fuse does not blow anymore
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still getting no response
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am just waiting here again for an answer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How long do I need to wait for a response
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Clifton u there
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am really going to request my money back and rate you because this is bad business
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Clifton
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
U gonna answer my question
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Hey there new expert here.Bridging those 2 terminals is simply bypassing the starter relay in the IPDM. The TCM is not sending the park or neutral signal to the IPDM CPU so it's not going to start because there relay will never energize. I have seen this a hundred times, but mostly from cross contamination issues.The only way to bypass the IPDM is to jump the pins just like you already did. This sends power from ignition to starter, granted you obviously can't keep the jumper in.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here is what I took the car to the dealer and they tell me they cannot comm
unicate with any module , its 2 days now. How can the dealer not figure out why the cannot communicate and fix that to find the issue
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
why can they not bypass the Serial port of fix the port
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
U there
No communication can be for different reasons. A bad control unit or a damaged CAN line. Sometimes it's as simple as performing a CAN check and unplugging the control unit that is not responding and the others will then communicate.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
As afar as they tell me is thay cannot communicate to the car.. Where should I start I f I get my car back
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Shouldn't the dealer be able to figure that out
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
u there
Jake
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician