Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Won't start... the key light is blinking, Just purchased

Customer Question
Won't start... the key light...
Won't start... the key light is blinking
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Just purchased less than a year ago. 2012 nissan maxima
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I put the key in the blinking thing..thinking that my battery to the automatic "keyless" starter was weak
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: There is an icon of a car flashing in the dashboard
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My phone battery is low
7/18/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have very little phone battery... and need to get home

do you have one or 2 keys ? if you do try the other key.

check battery in the key fob ?

the blinking light on dash is the car telling you it cant recognize the key

try resetting the system

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )

2- Hold cables Toghether for 20 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 10 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

if that dont work you need to a have a diagnostic scan and retrieve the anti theft module faults to know what failed, the key module, hood switch door switch etccc.

i m sorry hope it works for you

let me know ,that is the best you can do with out a diagnostic scanner .

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician