Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I own a 2010 Nissan sentra and I want to disable alarm but

Customer Question

I own a 2010 Nissan sentra and I want to disable alarm but allow the horn to work. my car alarm would go off at random times so I disabled the horn to not wake up people over night. where is alarm in sentra. thanks, steve
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

If it's the factory alarm that is going off, it can't be disabled since it is integrated into the car. When the alarm is going off what lights are flashing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
headlights
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** indeed the factory alarm.

Does the mechanical key work in the drivers door or trunk?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my mechanical key works in the door and trunk
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

try using the mechanical key to lock and unlock the car and see if that disables the alarm. If it doesn't, then use the key in the trunk and see if that disables it.

Give that a try and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can use the key to disable alarm in the door, but as I go to start the car after using the door to disable the alarm will go off even while I am driving. I will go trigger the alrm and see if I can turn it off using the trunk
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it will only disable with door key but then goes off when car engine is running for about 3 minutes
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

The alarm goes off when the engine is running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sometimes, I can drive from my home and drive to work and as I pull up and as soon as I turn car off it goes off
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Does the alarm ever go off when the engine is running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe so Jay but to be honest I have had my horn disabled for awhile now I am not 100% sure. I am hooking my horn back up and will drive with it on and see what happens. I will get back in a day or so. thanks, steve
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

The reason I am asking is cause if the alarm is going off while the engine is running, that means the alarm that is going off is after market and we would need to disable that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay, I am putting it back together and drive for a couple to make sure I have my facts straight for you
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

not a problem. I am currently working, so if you want to do that later so we can continue later this evening, that would be better. I am on and off through out the day, but am normally online around 7 pm EST till 11 pm