Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I own a 2010 Nissan sentra and I want to disable alarm but

Customer Question
allow the horn to work...
I own a 2010 Nissan sentra and I want to disable alarm but allow the horn to work. my car alarm would go off at random times so I disabled the horn to not wake up people over night. where is alarm in sentra. thanks, steve
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
7/15/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

If it's the factory alarm that is going off, it can't be disabled since it is integrated into the car. When the alarm is going off what lights are flashing?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
headlights

Thank you, ***** ***** indeed the factory alarm.

Does the mechanical key work in the drivers door or trunk?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my mechanical key works in the door and trunk

try using the mechanical key to lock and unlock the car and see if that disables the alarm. If it doesn't, then use the key in the trunk and see if that disables it.

Give that a try and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can use the key to disable alarm in the door, but as I go to start the car after using the door to disable the alarm will go off even while I am driving. I will go trigger the alrm and see if I can turn it off using the trunk
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it will only disable with door key but then goes off when car engine is running for about 3 minutes

The alarm goes off when the engine is running?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sometimes, I can drive from my home and drive to work and as I pull up and as soon as I turn car off it goes off

Does the alarm ever go off when the engine is running?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I believe so Jay but to be honest I have had my horn disabled for awhile now I am not 100% sure. I am hooking my horn back up and will drive with it on and see what happens. I will get back in a day or so. thanks, steve

The reason I am asking is cause if the alarm is going off while the engine is running, that means the alarm that is going off is after market and we would need to disable that.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
okay, I am putting it back together and drive for a couple to make sure I have my facts straight for you

not a problem. I am currently working, so if you want to do that later so we can continue later this evening, that would be better. I am on and off through out the day, but am normally online around 7 pm EST till 11 pm

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician