Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I have a 2005 Frontier LE Pickup, and today the ATP light

Customer Question
has come on and the...
I have a 2005 Frontier LE Pickup, and today the ATP light has come on and the indicator for being in 2H, 4H or 4L just blinks. What does this mean and what has to be fixed?
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No I don't, and I haven
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Nissan Mechanic to figure that out. Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: t taken it to get the code
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
7/11/2016
Nissan Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 1 year ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what fault codes are set.Once this is done the codes are then diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.This has to be done with a fully compatible scan tool for your model here.

I suspect this is an issue with the transfer case or front differential actuator as this is the most common cause for the 2h,4h and 4l lights blinking like this here and can turn on the ATP warning light as well.

In some cases you can get the fault codes read out at no charge to you at a local parts store like Auto Zone.They usually wont be able to diagnose the fault though for you but can give you an idea of what is at fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a BlueDriver Code reader, and it's telling me there is no codes given!

Is this code reader able to communicate with all computers on your model here?

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician