Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

The screw that holds the bar to the back liftgate rusted out

Customer Question
Hi Pearl! The screw that...
Hi Pearl! The screw that holds the bar to the back liftgate rusted out and now I can't close the back. Need to find the right part.
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2013 Pathfinder SL
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just managed to get dirty, but if I can get my hands on the part I can find someone to help me out.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I have no idea, that's the problem. I thought finding what I needed to replace would be a good place to start.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes I think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
7/6/2016
Nissan Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 1 year ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

A part like this usually needs obtained from a dealer as this is usually a dealer item only or needs obtained from a salvage yard in some cases.If you have not tried one of these places to locate the part needed this needs done.If this was done already and the part is still unable to be obtained let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician