Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Nissan maxima 2005 passenger side headlight is dark. Need

Customer Question
Nissan maxima 2005 passenger side...
Nissan maxima 2005 passenger side headlight is dark. Need help to diagnose and repair
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked headlight fuses
JA: Have you located the fuse box? Have you checked the circuit?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Both high and low beams are out
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
7/5/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic replied 1 year ago
Tim's Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

this sounds as if you may have a bad ground connection on the right side

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How can I verify that it is a bad ground connection and what is the corrective action?

i will give you some tests/checks that will help you find your problem

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0l6yi1meznr5ua/0705-maxima-Headlamp%20Low%20Beam%20Does%20Not%20Illuminate.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/o0l6yi1meznr5ua/0705-maxima-Headlamp%20Low%20Beam%20Does%20Not%20Illuminate.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This looks like HID diagnostic. I have non-HID headlamps.Also this is dagnositic for low beam only failure mode whereas I have both high and low beams out. Please advise.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ahhhh now I see second file for both lights...

yes,,i have it all on there,,the xenon also

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Tim, I will have to digest this.
Do you know what file and page I should be starting on?

sense it doesnt aork on high or low,,skip the first diagnostic table and go to the 2nd one.

again,i think you have a bad ground on the right side..

follow the test,you will find your problem

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
One last thing. What do I do if it is a bad ground?

you fix it..it needs to ground to the cars body/frame

the tests shows how to test with your volt meter

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tnx

you are very welcome

Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic