Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes,
Experience:  Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care
93804480

Have a 2001 nissan pathfinder with 69000 miles. car turns

Customer Question

have a 2001 nissan pathfinder with 69000 miles. car turns over but will not start. full fuel tank. battery is strong. what are possible issues/solutions?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  david craig replied 1 year ago.

Hi Im David. Sorry you are having issues...lets try and figure it out. First off can you hear the fuel pump running when the key is turned to the "on" position. you should be able to hear it from the drivers seat if you listen closely ...it should be a faint humming for a few seconds. it would be better to have someone listen at the fuel door to see if they can hear it.

do you still need assistance?

do you still need help?

Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** see you haven't been on in 2 days, do you still need help with this matter?

I will mention that while there are many possible causes for your no-start, we can relatively quickly narrow it down with a few simple tests if you are comfortable trying. I will also mention that there is a very high likelihood that there is a problem with your distributor, as this is an extremely common problem on these engines. you can tell if this is the case by removing the cap and rotor button off of the top of the distributor (it is located in the front of the engine in the center) and checking for obvious metal shavings in the casing of the distributor; this is an indication of a bad distributor. Let me know if I can do anything else for you and good luck!