C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and experience.
73583367

My Nissan will crank by not start, I had it towed to a

Customer Question

My Nissan will crank by not start, I had it towed to a mechanic and it cranked right up. They could not find nothing wrong with it. Before I had it towed we tried jumping the battery no start. It's been doing it for a while and no one knows the problem. I am afraid it will eventually just wont start all together.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: now it do and the batter I brought it last year
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2003 Nissan pathfinder le
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: jumping the battery that's it I just picked it up from the shop they can't find a problem. its been down for 4 days
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon, sounds to me like you have either a failing fuel pump or a failing crankshaft position sensor. When it will not start spray some starting fluid into the intake if it will fire that way it is likely the fuel pump is going out. If not than I suspect the crank sensor. See attached for location. It has one bolt and one electrical connector holding it on. Thanks. Charlie

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's the intake and where can I find it? Where can I get starter fluid

They sell starting fluid at all the parts stores. The intake is the tube you install your air filter on. Attached picture shows the air filter. You will open the box and remove the filter. Aim the can so the spray goes into the intake tube. It will fire if the issue is because no fuel.