Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Think I'm having the DSS issue. 04 titan, 2004, Titan, am

Customer Question
Think I'm having the DSS...
Think I'm having the DSS issue.
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 04 titan
JA: What year is your Nissan?
Customer: 2004 , Titan
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: am hoping to fix it myself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: nope....typical symptoms that everyone reports.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
6/27/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Please give me a idea on what the truck is doing and what exactly is your question so I can better assist you.

Let me know...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Brake light, ABS light and VDC lights come on. Pressing the brake you can tell ABS is going on. Brakes "work" but diminished. Restarting the truck seems to "fix" the issue. Might not happen again for days, weeks or a month. Sometimes happens several times a day. Fluid levels are OK. Recently changed pads and disks. Been reading about the DSS power booster lawsuit, but at 260K miles I would get about $20, so not worth the hassle. Have read the fix consists maybe of a ECU reprogram and/or power booster replacement. Curious which way to go as a first step.

This is most likely a Delta Sensor which is part of the booster. Your more than welcome to try to see if the update is available. But most common is the booster. The reprograms fixed this issue when they were new. By now, if your getting a Delta Sensor code in the ABS system, the booster would need to be replaced. The best way to verify is the have the ABS system scanned for codes. But if your feeling the ABS activate and all of those warning lights are coming on, that is most likely a booster.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician