Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech
Experience:  Master, L1, L2, ASE 15yrs and running.
19871424

I WAS GETTING 3 CODES, p1148, P0031 & P0037. i REPLCED BOTH

Customer Question

i WAS GETTING 3 CODES, p1148, P0031 & P0037. i REPLCED BOTH o2 SENSORS AND NOW I GET 2 CODES, P1148 & P0031. NOT P0037.
JA: Huh?
Customer: All connections seem good and tight. Replaced fuse even though it looked good. I have power at fuse. What next?
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: Yes, and no
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2006 Sentra, 1.8 engine with 143000 miles.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed both sensors and verified all connections, would like to avoid dealership!
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: performance seems to be unaffectd
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need some more information.

• i do need the vin # ***** the vehicle
  • any other repair work done to the vehicle before this issue came about?
  • any recent accidents?

let me know!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vin. 3N1CB51D86L464061
No recent repairs and no accidents
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

ok we need to do wiring checks on the a/f sensor upper one . do you have a digital volt ohm meter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a meter
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

FIRST THING TO CHECK DO YOU HAVE 12 VOLTS AT PIN 3 OF THE SENSOR CONNECTOR WITH THE KEY ON?

USE DIAGRAM FOR ASSISTANCE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
0 volts at pin 3
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

ok is fuse 8 on the fuse block good and do you hae power there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In my initial question I stated that I replaced the fuse even though it looked good and that there is power at fuse.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

just want to make sure on that !!! you will have to back track from the a/f sensor wiring connector back to the fuse block. somewhere there is an open causing this . you can bypass with an overlay from that fuse connecton to pin 3 . but be aware that is a power and if not routed correctly the wire and then car can catch on fire!!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Hello Jerry , just checking in to give you a reminder about my service and help to you .

The feedback rating was not done yet and you have been already been charged for your question.

This feedback is very important!! Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time and thanks for using Just Answer to assist in your issue.

Wolfgang