Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

2007 Nissan Titan with 61,000 miles. Had a front end collision and now won't start.

Customer Question
I changed the IPDM with...
2007 Nissan Titan with 61,000 miles. Had a front end collision and now won't start. I changed the IPDM with a new updated (black) one. It cranks and almost starts, but sounds like its not getting enough fuel. My next step would be to change the fuel pump. Any ideas? Also, the battery was dead for a month, so I wondering if it could be key chip program causing fuel shut off. Robert
JA: How old is the battery? Have you checked the battery gauge on the dash?
Customer: What? It craks fine
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
6/19/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you have any codes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

Do you happen to know if you have any codes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry I have code P2101
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Throttle

Yes, that is a Electronic throttle chamber circuit code. How good are you at electrical?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Im a autobody specialist. Pretty good

Cool, This is one of two issues. Either a Throttle Chamber issue or a electrical issue. Hang on, let me share the diagnostic codes to help you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a parts car, if I need to change something

That is always helpful. Did you try swapping the throttle chamber and do a Idle Relearn?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/1.pdf

This is the diagnostic steps for the code.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can try that and get back to you. I have seen the relearn posted somewhere.

Let me share them with you, Hang on

Follow the No Consult Steps.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Jay, I changed the throttle and it is the same. It won't start. Should I try to check fuel pressure ? How?

Did you follow the steps I gave you? Where did you buy the throttle chamber?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have done the ECU reset, Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning, and Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning. Still doesn't start. It fires up a little then dies, like it is gas starved. I changed the entire IPDM. I know there is a pedal sender also that I have not checked.

No codes? still?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I cleared the codes and these come back P2101, P2119

Did you follow the diagnostic steps I provided for the P2101 code?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Could it be the key immobilizer? The throttle body I changed from my parts truck.

I am thinking more of a wiring issue. That is why I am asking if you did the checks I provided?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not hear the throttle move at any time
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there some place to check for power through the harness.

The steps I gave you have all the proper checks as well as the wiring diagram if you needed to ohm wires

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Jay, All I received from you is 3 pages PDF: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/1b.pdfThanks for bearing with me.

I gave you this one. This has the steps. This was the first thing I supplied you.

That is like 6 or 7 pages. Give it time to download and load.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello Jay, I have drilled out the rivets and opened up the throttle body. It looks spotless clean, like new inside. No corrosion of any kind. I there a wiring diagram or harness test for power? What is your suggestion? The truck was hit hard in the front, but I can't see any damage to wiring harness or sensors.

The throttle chamber is not meant to be tampered with. Drilling it out and such. Did you check the wiring like I suggested using the steps I gave you?

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician