Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

We bought a used 2014 Sentra and just assumed it had cruise

Customer Question
control and later realized it...
We bought a used 2014 Sentra and just assumed it had cruise control and later realized it doesn't?? I've been a mechanic/auto body tech for around 30 years and I know most cars now have the wiring harnesses equipped for options but may not have all components, modules,switch, etc. Do you know or can find out what it would take to get factory cruise going in the car? It's a good car but with the traveling we do, we need that! Thnx!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
6/18/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Joshua Davenport,
 replied 1 year ago
Joshua Davenport

Checking with your local Nissan dealer would be the best way to find out exactly what you will need. The clock spring in the steering column has the same part number regardless of cruise or not. In my opinion you would probably need the cruise control switch and the PCM would need to be updated to a calibration for cruise control.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
if I got the switch for the cruise, then maybe recalibrating the pcm could possibly be all it takes to get it working?? I assume everything else is there, (speed sensor,throttle control,etc) for it to control the speed/function,etc?? That would be awesome!
Nissan Mechanic: Joshua Davenport,
 replied 1 year ago

Sorry for the delay in responding. Correct. Everything else should be there. That new of a vehicle has an electronic throttle body so all it needs is the computer to tell it to hold the correct speed. The speed sensors and everything else is already on the vehicle.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Man that's awesome! I'm getting the switches this week and hopefully they can recalibrate everything to work before our next road trip!! Thnx again, I'll let u know what it does asap!! Don
Nissan Mechanic: Joshua Davenport,
 replied 1 year ago

No problem at all. I'm glad I could help.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok this maybe more difficult than I thought? I ordered a cruise switch for our 14 Sentra and they asked for the vin number of coarse and sent me the same thing that's on the car I guess according to the vin with no cruise... I called the Nissan parts and he couldn't tell me anything except I can't put cruise in it if it didn't come with... I explained what you and I talked about that car should have most what it needs but got nowhere, so I guess I need to give em a vin for a Sentra With cruise and without navigation, (ours don't have nav)? Or forget about it... But now I'm determined to make it work! Any ideas I'd appreciate it? Thnx for your time!
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician