Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

2002 Nissan Frontier XE, the A/C is intermittantly working,

Customer Question
when I first get in...
2002 Nissan Frontier XE, the A/C is intermittantly working, when I first get in & drive it works -> I stop -> then back in, it stops working (blower works no cold air) I changed the Thermostat (3 wire, orange plastic coated, inside cooler box, behind glove box) still does not work. Under the hood I remove the blue relay out of the fuse box & use a bypass wire to jump or bypass the relay. The compressor switches on A/C Works it blows cold air. My question what piece of electronics, or series of components does the thermostat connect to that works in conjunction with the relay -> which controls the compressor & turns it on & off?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
6/14/2016
Nissan Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Check the dual pressure switch as if it is faulty the compressor will not turn on. I'll post the info below.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, I'll get a multi-meter & dig into it. Still need to know what piece of electronics controlls the thermostat I think I might have smoked something when testing & replacing the thermostat - some burnt resistor smell comming from the dash glove box area. Any idea what that could be? Middle wire on the 3 prong white connector the thermostat plugs into, I think I accidently shorted it, & then burnt/smoke smell followed? I can snap a pic of the connector & wire I'm refering to & send it, let me no if you need a pic of it?
Thx

Is it manual or auto climate control? Need to know to pull the diagram ofr the thermister wiring

Thanks, ***** ***** likely it fried the amplifier in the control head. The blue wire goes to that. You can probably find a control head on eBay or HERE I'll post the wiring diagram below.

Hello, I was just wanting to follow up and see how things went.

K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician