Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I was just asking you about my truck my 2004 Nissan Titan

Customer Question
hi Paul I was just...
hi Paul I was just asking you about my truck my 2004 Nissan Titan that won't start. I've been towing a boat and now it's stopped after I went to park the boat and won't restart. I saw that limited slip light come on and the oil temperature light is on and the*****light is on but I am not in 4-wheel drive. It turns over just fine but it won't start almost like it's locked itself out of starting
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Pearl
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Possibly especially if it is just a lock code
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: Not really, and I do not have a diagnostic tool
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
6/13/2016
Nissan Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 1 year ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Sometimes these lights will come on with the key on with the engine off and is normal until the engine starts then the lights will go off so these may not be an issue here.What is more common to cause this issue is a fault with a weak fuel pump supplying no or little fuel pressure to the engine injectors.If you have not had the fuel pressure tested at all to see if the fuel pump is the cause this needs done.If found at fault the fuel pump is in the fuel tank and the tank normally needs lowered out to replace it.If this was already tested and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician