Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I have a rattling noise in my engine : It's a 2004 Nissan

Customer Question
I have a rattling noise...
I have a rattling noise in my engine
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: It's a 2004 Nissan Murano SE, with 134,121 miles.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Well I bought the truck from a private buyer in March, it has been making the noise for about 2 months and the service engine light turned on 2 days ago, the replaced the hub baring, the antifreeze pipes, the racket pinion yesterday and a wheel alignment today. I pick it up tomorrow morning, but I want to make sure I'm repairing the right parts..
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No I'm a nurse not a mechanic! Lol! I just want to go into the shop with maybe some other information for them if they didn't fix the problem.
JA: OK! The Nissan Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: It's up to date on all the oil changes, and fuel...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
6/10/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today

I sent you a diagram of the timing chain components, you either need a timing tensioner Or the timing chain guide is the cause of the rattle.

does the rattle goes up & down in sound pitch by the revving of the engine ?

let me know

Thank You ***** ( aka -Customer)

ASE Certified Tech

ehicle » Engine, Cooling and Exhaust » Engine » Timing Components » Timing Chain » Diagrams » Exploded Views

Advanced

2004 Nissan-Datsun Truck Murano AWD V6-3.5L (VQ35)

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician