Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have a 2010 370 z oil warning came on when started it shut

Customer Question

I have a 2010 370 z oil warning came on when started it shut off immediately should I call a Nissan dealer and have the car towed there .
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Are you getting the red oil light? or something in the information center screen? What exactly are you seeing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i'm getting the little oil can in the display on the left side of the steering wheel
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Is it the red light?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

or is it on the information part of the dash screen

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a yellow backround with a black oil can in the information display
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

That is just a indicator saying you are due for a oil change. If the red warning light is not on, there is nothing to worry about.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the oil was changed last week the mech said he reset the oil change due according to the owners manuel it said if that warning showed it indicates low oil pressure ???
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

You have two reminders. One in the center display screen and one by the gauges. He reset the on in the center display and forgot the one in the gauges. That is all. I would take back to him to reset, or if you like to try to reset it yourself, watch this video. The video is a infiniti, but it's reset the same way. Just zip to the middle to get to the meter reset steps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L82Rl5oxFVo

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Thanks i'll look at the video
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!