Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I have a 2009 Altima hybrid that starting knocking so bad

Customer Question
that it had no acceleration...
I have a 2009 Altima hybrid that starting knocking so bad that it had no acceleration. The dealership repair tech told me to junk it because the engine is no good any more. I am dumbfounded ! What do you think? Help!!!!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
87,000 miles
6/3/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic, Mobile Elect., ARA Cert. replied 1 year ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic, Mobile Elect., ARA Cert.

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”
.
This will be a "personal decision"........
2009 Hybrid is going for $7500.00 - 12,000.00
Dealer Engine is over $5,000.00, + labor
IF you like the car & do not want to take a hit or believe it is worth at least $10,000.00, many times you can find a Import Salvage Yard that will do the swap for a used engine for apprx $ 2500.00 - 4,200.00 including labor
There would be no sense in installing a New Engine, unless you are going to keep it for years to come
So consider the cost of used -vs- New & Dealer -vs- Salvage Yard

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch