Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

My daughter car has locked up and is not registering her key

Customer Question

JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It just stopped and has the anti theft message and won't accept her key to start
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Well she is stuck right now I'm not sure
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: This all she told me let me get her on the phone
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: The little red car is blinking with the key going through it
JA: Waiting to talk to the expert reminds me of the time I talked to an expert when I had problems with my new cats. My three cats all came from a rescue mission and were scrawny scared little creatures when I got them. Who could ever be mean to a cat?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for us to be able to try and help you we are going to need to know what your working on please, year make and model . Post back with complete information and we can work from there to try and help you get this resolved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a Nissan Altman with push button start. The Anti theft is blinking the little red light shaped like a car with a key going through. It is not registering her key
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to find out the year I think 2004
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

In most cases if its not reading the key that usually means the system has lost programming, Have you by chance tried the spare key?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately she only has the one key
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Well then you next best bet is to have her contact the local lock smith and have them come out and see if they can reprogram it for her. Most locksmiths have the ablity to do this as well.