gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified
12249065

I have a 2016 Nissan Altima and I thought my left rear brake

Customer Question

Hi i have a 2016 Nissan Altima and I thought my left rear brake light went out but the bulb is ok so I checked it with a voltmeter and I had no power going to that outlet what so ever what could it be
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If it's possible yes I would like to fix it my self but if I have to I'll take to to one of the dealers
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: Well it was used as a rental car and it only has 1400 miles on it and that's all I know about it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

replace the bulb. when the system detects too high resistance (bulb may not be fully blown) the central electrics will cut out that circuit