JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech over 15 years in the field uaw union member
6149662

I have a 2015 Nissan Sentra. Just drove down to Orlando from

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Nissan Sentra. Just drove down to Orlando from Maryland and my car started to make a knocking/ticking sound. It ticks slightly when I start the car and gets very loud when I give it gas and start rolling. Also has the sound of metal grinding. When it is in cruise control the rpm gauge jumps about 200 rpms. The knocking is not as no as noticeable when going at higher speeds. .None of the engine light are on and the temperature gage is normal. What could be the problem?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 1 year ago.

does it make any noise in park? if you rev it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can feel a slight vibration sounds like a rattle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I put it in drive and just sit there it goes away

sounds like the transmission is failing...all the symptoms and your description point to cvt transmission failure... I would get it to nissan asap

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you