Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Just drove from Maryland to Orlando and when I got to

Customer Question
Orlando the car started to...
Just drove from Maryland to Orlando and when I got to Orlando the car started to make a loud ticking noise. If I hold the brake and rev the engine it doesn't happen it only happens when I start to roll. None of the engine lights are on.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
5/29/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is***** sounds like one of your CV axles are starting to fail which is about a $400 job at a shop. I would recommend getting it done asap because if axle breaks it can leave you stranded. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Adding more info of the problem.Noticed when the car is in park I can hear it clicking goes away when it's in drive then comes back when I start to move

That would also sound like the CV axle. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Dan, Technician