Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

I have a sound a squeak and I am able to stop it when I push

Customer Question

I have a sound a squeak and I am able to stop it when I push the break so I think it must be something in the brake caliper I am trying to remove the wheel and have removed the stuff the Lugnuts but the tire does not want to remove on a Nissan front tier 2010
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm trying to remove the passenger rear wheel on the truck so that I can get a closer look at the brake caliper but I've removed the Lugnuts but the tire still seems secure on the car
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: It is a 2010 Nissan front tier S EE 4 x 4
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

This happens once in a while, the corrosion between the wheel and the rotor can sometimes make it impossible to get off. Since you have the lug nuts off, there are a couple of options. I use a very long pry bar and wedge it between the rim and the rotor and pop the tire off. The other option is to get under the truck and give the tire a few firm kicks. Make sure it's very stable however you have it up though, because it can take some pretty hard hits and you don't want it dropping on you.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mike I get an intermittent squeak from one of the wheels it sounds like metal squeak and I'm able to eliminate it by pushing the break so I think it's one of the brake calibers for some reason rubbing. I am trying to remove one of the rear tires I've jacked it up took out the six lug nuts but now the wheel doesn't want to come out is there something else I need to remove to remove the wheel so I can look at the caliberhttp://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/FlgPJpBf/image.jpg
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

First, I suspect what you are hearing is the warning tab to let you know the brake pads are low.

As long as you have all 6 lugs off, the wheel will come off. As I suggested in my prior post though, you either will need a pry bar and get behind the wheel, put it between the wheel and the rotor and pop it off, or get under the truck and kick the wheel a few times. Corrosion will really stick them on there. Just make sure it's very stable if you are going to do the latter as you don't want to knock the truck off the jack and injure yourself.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Thought I would check and see if you need further assistance with this?