Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a 2010 Altima. I have put in a full charge of

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Altima. I have put in a full charge of refrigerant and oil and the compressor will not come on. I have checked fuses and tried to jump the compressor to come on at the cycling switch and the compressor still does not come on. What should I do or what am I missing.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Hey there, thanks for the question.

Did you perform the auto active test of the IPDM to make sure the circuit is in tact and that the IPDM is working properly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

If the auto active test makes the compressor kick on and the system have been evacuated and recharged, then the problem is more than likely the pressure switch itself.

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

now if you did the auto active test and the clutch on the compressor DID NOT engage, then you need to check the 10a fuse in the IPDM for the a/c compressor.

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Lastly, if you jumped power directly to the compressor and it didn't engage, then your compressor clutch is bad and you will have to replace the compressor.

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

If you have further questions on this just let me know please.

If not be sure to leave a kind rating.

thanks.