eric
eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

How can I obtain the actual transmission fluid temperature

Customer Question

How can I obtain the actual transmission fluid temperature on my 2012 Nissan Armada? I have a gauge on the dashboard but that doesn't tell me the actual temperature. FSM says to use CONSULT III and read ATF TEMP 1. I don't have the CONSULT III, very expensive. Will a live data OBD2 scanner tool be able to read the ATF TEMP 1 value from the sensor?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Some scan tools will it is a full function one such as the Snap-Solus or comparable one. Another alternator would be to take for a test drive and then use an infra-red thermometer to read the temperature at the transmission bottom fluid pan with it idling. That will be accurate within 1-2 degrees and you can get an infra-red thermometer for under $50

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  eric replied 1 year ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?