Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

We changed the starter in our 1993 nissan 240 sx

Customer Question

Hi. We changed the starter in our 1993 nissan 240 sx convertible. Now the car is trying to start but not turning over. It is getting spark but no gas to plugs. Smells like gas real bad near the back of the car after and backfired once with fire out of exhaust. It was jacked up only on passengar side when changing starter and they tried to start it like that. Is there a fuel pump inertia switch somewhere on the car we might need reset?
Thank you
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.Your 1993 240 dose not have an inertia switch . In order to determine what you lacking if you suspect there is no fuel then the first thing you need to do is to install a fuel pressure monitor the fuel pressure . Normal fuel pressure needs to be right at 32 to 33 PSI. If the fuel pressure checks okay then the next step would be to check for injector pulse at the injectors. You can do this with a standard 12 volt test light by placing the test end into the power side of any one of the injectors and the ground end into the other side and then crank the engine over. If you have injector pulse the light should flash. Check this and post back with the results and we can work from there,